In my head, in my head

Right now I've got a certain song stuck in my head for some unknown reason and here it is:

"The sun cannot compare to the glory of your love;
there is no shadow in your presense;
No mortal man would dare to stand before your throne,
before the Holy One of heaven;
It's only by your blood,
and only through your mercy,
Lord I come.

I bring an offering of worship to my King,
No one on earth deserves the praises that I sing;
Jesus may you receive the honor that you're due;
Oh Lord I bring an offering to you."

It took me a while to figure out exactly what song kept playing like a broken record in my head...but with my stealthful internet skills I hunted the lyrics down. This song is actually for the Christmas season - the song title is - Christmas Offering (Paul Baloche) . But I have to disagree. I think it also reflects well with Easter as well.

Worship songs, beautiful voices and instruments always bring me back to a place of peace and a deep sense of love. Like last night while I was reading Through Painted Deserts (Donald Miller) - at one point I stopped reading and just let the music soak in and I began to pray. It amazes me how powerful music can be to a persons being/soul...."Lord I come to you, let my heart be changed, renewed, flowing from the grace I've found in you."

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home