I was told a while ago by a friend that it is rather sad that I do not have any dreams/aspirations.

I lied. Not intentionally but I guess holding back, afraid of being unrealistic.

There have always been "careers" in the back of my mind that I've thought about a tad bit over my life and for various reasons wrote them off.

- radio broadcasting (until I actually heard my voice recorded - Eek!)
- writer (I've written in journals my whole life, random bits of poetry but writing a novel? Um, about what?)

And recently I've really got to thinking about a career in the IT world. I'm not saying I want to go and learn JavaScript but I love working with computers, exploring new programs, problem solving, helping people learn programs, reading up on new trends and joining the ranks, etc.

Yesterday I had an appointment with an employment advisor and now I have a task ahead of me. After doing some testing I now have a list of careers that I could be/am interested in. Research now commences. By Friday I have to have a list of the top 5 careers I would possibly like to peruse.

#1 on my testing? Computer Training/Trainer.

Interesting.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home