monday morning devos @ work

I've realized lately that I need to take some time each day before starting work to read some scripture. Lately there's been a lot going on in my life and those around me. I'm struggling with some things as well and I've having a hard time concentrating at work during some points in the day.

So day, I prayed and asked God to reveal a passage in the bible for me to read and this is what popped into my head immediately - Psalm 28. This verse stuck out at me:

6 Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
and Matthew 5: 14-16
14 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home