Adam and EVE

I need to process something here for a moment.

*breath*

I just finished reading a very intense novel - "Adam" by Ted Dekker and I'm mentally and physically still trying to re-cooperate. (I was seriously frozen on my bed as I read the last page). I'm blown away by Dekker's ability to write such a psychological yet spiritual novel based on such evil.

I don't want to give any of the plot away since the novel doesn't release until April of next year but I have a few warnings.

1. If you are scared of the dark, don't read this novel
2. Want a relaxing evening? Put this particular book down
3. In for a crazy intense thrilling novel? Sit down and start reading!

For the most part I've been a fan of Ted Dekker - especially the Black, Red and White trilogy but this book is in a category of it's own, in my opinion.

In such a world as today's, do I want to be aware of such evils? Or forever pull a toque over my eyes?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home